Our client, a Tier One Mining Operator, is searching for the next Senior AWS Platform Engineer to join their growing Cloud Engineering team to focus on their global scale project on a 12 month contract basis.
The Cloud team is working to modernise our delivery landscape, enabling our engineers and developer to provide seamless solutions for the cloud platform customers, and we need your help to achieve our ambitions goals.
In the role you will be empowered to create, manage, and optimise the cloud platform. You’ll have the opportunity to take responsibility for designing and driving continuous improvement and continuous deployment to ensure our systems are simpler, faster, and more secure. You will need hands-on experience working in a public cloud (AWS) in an agile environment. You'll get to turn your passion into reality, with a chance to help teams adoption and build cloud native solutions. You’ll also troubleshoot complex issues and play a mentoring role in providing technical assistance to the engineers across the business.
• Possess hands-on technical experience working in a public cloud environment (preferably AWS)
• Have a product mindset and be passionate about Cloud/DevOps/Automation to solve complex problems
• Constantly think outside the box and breaking boundaries to solve complex technical problems
• Work well in teams and have strong collaboration skills in driving continuous improvement initiatives
• Solid understanding of cloud engineering fundamentals and best practices – with experience driving operational excellence in security and financial management
• Experiencing with general networking and cloud networking (highly desirable)
This client uses a broad range of tools, languages, and frameworks. They don't expect you to know them all but experience or exposure with some of these (or equivalents) will set you up for success in this team.
• AWS, Azure and GCP
• CI/CD: GitHub / Github Actions, Octopus Deploy
• Logging & monitoring: CloudWatch, Solarwinds
• Containerisation: Docker, ECS, EKS, Openshift
• Automating repetitive tasks using Ansible, Python, shell scripting, Powershell etc.
• Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Cloud Formations
• Work Management: Jira, Confluence, ServiceNow
• Experience developing with RESTful API interfaces
Ticking boxes? Apply now by submitting your resume below.
Full Australian working rights required. Roster: 5/2, On-call availability for 1 week in 6
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or are interested in other positions, please get in touch for a confidential chat – Rebecca.Blake@NESFircroft.com
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.