Sr. Credit Analyst Location:
Calgary, AB Schedule:
M-F (40 hours) Job Type:
Hybrid Contract length:
12 months Anticipated Start date:
Dec 4th, 2023 Description
This position is responsible for managing daily counterparty exposures and business relationships within the controls and credit risk appetite set out in the Credit Policy, Standard & Procedures. Success in this role requires strong technical financial analytical skills, initiates collaboration, cultivates and manages counterparty and internal stakeholder relationships, manages business risk within established policies and procedures, and fosters good business acumen related to the organization. The role requires the independent ability to complete complex credit review requests, quickly decision counterparty credit limits, ratings, and terms, provide input on contract negotiations, mitigate with collateral, monitor, and produce reporting from various ETRM’s and Credit tools, and ownership of quantitative scoring models. This role will take ownership of individual counterparty relationships and ensure that all business segments are monitored and supported within the approved guidelines of the Credit Policy, Standard & Procedures. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Review and ensure daily credit exposures are within pre-approved counterparty credit limits and tenors, and manage all business segments in compliance with the Credit Policy, Standard and Procedures
- Perform ongoing credit intelligence and interpret internal and external market and business challenges and recommend best practice to manage counterparty and credit risk portfolio of the company.
- Complete complex credit reviews for recommendation and approval by the Supervisor and Senior Finance Leadership Team
- Review and provide inputs towards daily, monthly, and quarterly reporting and monitoring requirements.
- Own, monitor, and manage the quantitative credit scoring models and benchmarking for the portfolio.
- Negotiate and monitor counterparty and portfolio risk mitigation strategies and business contracts language.
- Solid understanding of commodity trading and markets including the counterparties involved.
- A primary subject matter expert and enabler at the working level available to liaison with the business on new counterparty requests, credit requirements and deal structures
- Detail-oriented with knowledge of ETRM systems and trade data structure
- Motivation and ability to build strong internal stakeholder relationships and external counterparty contacts.
- Fosters Collaboration
- Presentation skills
- Develop strong internal and external business relationships.
- Technical/Professional Expertise
- In depth knowledge of the business and commodities
- Strong financial analysis, credit, and market analytic skills
- Strong command of the contracts used to support company business.
- Communicates clear and concise in a respectful and timely manner.
- Quickly able to make effective decisions.
Apply here or send your resume to email@example.com
- Bachelor of Commerce degree with Finance, or Accounting major preferred
- CFA designation considered an asset.
- 8-12 yrs of relevant experience, preferably in the energy industry and/or banking
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.