The Senior Planning Engineer establishes and manages effectively a planning and progress control system in order to support the Project Manager decision-making process and allow him to complete the project according to the internal baselines and in compliance with the contractual dates and requirements.
He is the responsible of Project schedule in terms of completeness of activities to be performed during the life cycle of the project with properly planning and in fulfilment of Contract.
He is also responsible to verify and check all the reports (weekly and monthly) and report all to the Project Control Manager. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ensure the implementation of the Planning and Progress Control System;
- Interface and coordinate with other Company Functions or Discipline Leaders/Supervisors and Managers to build up activities, assign milestones and constraints by issuing the logic network;
- Prepare all the reference baseline documents, and ensure that the Project’s planning and scheduling requirements are properly and clearly communicated to those functionally responsible for executing the work
- Issue all the relevant reporting;
- Prepare the Planning & Scheduling Procedure, Progress Measurement Procedure and Risk Management Plan for the PCM verification;
- Ensure the effectiveness of the Planning and Progress Control System, monitoring the progress measurement system and ensuring the proper information flow, progress status and completion forecast are assessed and reported for Project phases;
- Update all Project Schedules, collecting actual data, evaluating forecast dates and monitoring any progress and productivity deviation compared with the baseline schedule, including the corrective actions taken by the PM;
- Create and maintain the 90 days look-ahead schedule, weekly, monthly.
- Support the Project during the contract changes/claims process providing the time impact analysis;
- 8 to 12 years’ experience in Planning.
- Ideally experienced in Oil & Gas sector.
- Professionally qualified, graduate. Professional registration with appropriate Institutes.
- Extensive working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project.
- Self-motivated, diligent and accurate, able to work under pressure to meet the project demand and able to respond with urgency to solve problems as they emerge.
- Practical experience of managing Planning function in a range of cultural and geographical and complex environments.
- Conversant with operating in a ‘Functionally’ structured organization.
- Effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team leader, proven interpersonal and relationship skills, self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative.
- Reasonable flexibility to work additional hours to meet project deadline during period of peak workload will also be required.
- Role requires extensive travel.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.