NES Fircroft are currently looking for a Static Equipment & Package Engineering Services to join an Energy industry giant working on a flag ship Oil & Gas project.
The project which will be for a site in the Middle East aims to boost Gas production on an operational field to meet the increasing demand for Electricity supply
The Static Equipment & Package Engineering Services role will join the project in FEED phase. The role will be based from FEED design contractor offices in UK or Oman
Role will be contract based for a long term duration, it will offer a strong day rate which is negotiable depending on suitability and experience.
To be considered for this role in UK, candidate must have existing right to work in the UK. Our client, a major oil and gas operator, is looking for a Civil/Structural Engineer to join their team in the UK or Oman or UAE. This will be working on a major project in Iraq, and will be a 12 month renewable contract. The position is full time in UK or Oman or UAE; in return, the individual will be provided with an extremely attractive day rate and full package.
DURATION / LOCATION
• Starting date: October 2023
• Duration: 12 months
• Renewable: yes
• Location(s): FRANCE (Paris area) / FEED & EPC contractor offices
Contractor office during AGUP phase 2 FEED (UK or Middle East).
Relocation after the detailed engineering in EPC offices. Missions to Iraq to be considered.
• Status: Resident
During the FEED and EPSCC Phase, the Service holder is in charge to:
Reporting to the Piping & Layout Lead, the Service holder is in charge during the FEED and EPSCC Phases to:
• Verifying that all deliverables related to Static Equipment and Packages are fit for purpose and conform to the basis
of design and project specifications, including contextualized GSs. The Service holder provides comments on
engineering documents to secure that Project
• Contractual requirements are implemented by Contractor(s). He provides expertise for the Project in the domain of
Piping and Static equipment
• Ensuring that the general layout and the Handling general layout of the AGUP phase 2 facilities comply with
maintenance and inspection requirements, specifically during the engineering and construction phases
• Ensure Constructability and Modular design aspects considered by design
• Packages original design in FEED phase and follow-up in EPSCC (e.g. pressure vessels / heaters / air coolers / heat
exchangers / vents / tanks), expediting visits to vendors premises, kick-off meetings-
• The Service holder shall liaise actively with operations team regarding all matters related to the operability,
availability and maintainability of Piping and Handling, raising consequently necessary comments on general layout
and 3D review in order to ensure its whole consistency
• The Service holder shall bring assistance on this subject as and when required.
• Assist the project management in Vendor selection.
• Review and comment vendor documents that have been assigned to him and assist package engineers in technical
problem solving at all stage of work. Attend to vendors meeting as required
• Review and propose response to TQs and deviation requests for project management approval
• Perform regular visit at the WORKSHOP and WORKSITE. Inform package engineer of any concerns that might
jeopardize the quality, the cost or the project schedule
• Support preparation and participate in Project technical reviews, provide answers and ensure timely implementation
of the findings in hi discipline.
• Manage punch-list (from reviews or meetings) clearance that he has been assigned
• Ensure his work is performed is consistent with other disciplines
• Provide support to the commissioning team in development and resolution of technical findings-
• The Service holder participates also in the review, preparation and implementation of all the maintenance and
inspection means (procedures, contracts, resources...), for the start-up and the operational phases.
• The Service holder is also accountable for demonstrating individually an exemplary behavior with regard to HSSE
rules & requirements, and for ensuring their application within his scope of responsibility.
• To adopt & demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regard to HSSE requirements
• To provide a strong HSSE leadership and to define and ensure the effective implementation of the Project HSSE
policy and commitment, by providing all necessary resources
• To adopt and demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regard to the Company Ethics and “Code of Conduct” policy
and to promote and enforce the Corporate Anti-Corruption Program within the project team
• Organization: To co-ordinate all the activities of the civil and structure engineering team by informing, supporting and
directing personnel in their roles, responsibilities and objectives.
• Engineering Follow up: To control Contractors’ performance in civil and structural matters: timely delivery and review
of Contractor’s engineering documents, studies and queries through an efficient technical coordination scheme with
• value Engineering: To promote and implement optimized design solutions to reduce cost and schedule
• Engineering compliance: To ensure compliance of static equipment engineering with the Project requirements and applicable
standards. To Issue and follow-up Derogations requests to GS
• To ensure timely implementation of related audit findings for the project
• Value Engineering: To promote and implement optimized design solutions to reduce cost and schedule
• Engineering compliance: To ensure compliance of static equipment engineering with the Project requirements and
applicable standards. To Issue and follow-up Derogations requests to GS
• To ensure timely implementation of related audit findings
• QA/QC: To ensure necessary actions are taken in order to obtain the required certifications of the electrical
installations in due time.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Education: Engineering degree or equivalent
• Experience: >10 years in same or equivalent position
• Languages: English
• Advanced expertise is required:
• in oil & gas project/industry specially for onshore fields.
• In project at all life-cycle stages of project development (FEED, Basic and Detailed Engineering, etc)
The job holder is accountable to:
• Perform as Technical Authority for mechanical and packages Engineering discipline. Supervise the Engineering
• Equipment Vendors to ensure costs to company are minimized, schedule is maintained, and sufficient quality is
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.