Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
We have highly skilled, social, and creative people working in our Structural department. Wellbeing, communication, and hard work is important to us, and we work together as a team to deliver to our customers.
To strengthen our team, Aker Solutions
in Fornebu is looking for a Structural Analysis Check Main Steel and Secondary Steel
who can help us succeed. What will you be doing?
You will be working as Structural Analysis Check Main Steel and Secondary Steel
together with other colleagues in
the Hugin A project,
your responsibility includes but not limited to the following:
We think you should have some of the following:
- Analysis and checking of calculation reports for Main Steel and Secondary Steel (Deck Structures and External deck areas)
- Reviewing and verifying the accuracy and adequacy of structural analyses performed by other engineers
- Conducting independent checks to ensure compliance with design codes, standards, and project specifications
- Identifying errors, inconsistencies, or potential issues in analysis methods or assumptions
- Providing feedback and recommendations for improving analysis models and techniques
- BSc or Master in relevant field
- Previous analysis checking experience from Topside Structural design in NCS projects
- Attention to detail and ability to perform thorough checks on structural analysis results
- Proficiency in reviewing and verifying analysis models, assumptions, and inputs
- Knowledge of applicable design codes and standards for structural analysis. Strong analytical skills to identify and resolve any errors or inconsistencies
- Software Skills: "Sesam Genie (Must) StruProg - Stipla, Colbeam, Section etc. (Must) STAAD (Nice to have) Navisworks" (Nice to have)
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
Fornebu, Oslo Contract duration:
December 2024 with option for extension More reasons to work with us:
Only applications received online will be considered, not via email. For further information about the position please contact:
- Opportunity to grow your network and develop professionally by integrating yourself into highly competent teams within world-renowned organizations in the energy sector
- On-going support from our experienced recruitment and back-office support professionals
- Exclusive access to all Aker Solutions’ project positions in Norway, with access to permanent positions when these are offered; we are the only company that has a frame agreement with Aker Solutions for project employments
- Fantastic office building with onsite canteen and training facilities
Eirin Lesteberg, Senior Recruiter, NES Advantage, email@example.com NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions` global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services. As project employee you will be employed by NES Advantage Solutions AS, working for Aker Solutions.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.