Join us in solving global energy challenges for future generations.
At Aker Solutions we are committed to helping the energy industry and broader society #PowerTheChange towards a low-carbon future. We are changemakers and problem solvers with more than 180 years of experience . Our ambitions are high. By 2030, renewables and low-carbon solutions will make up two-thirds of our business. Do you want to be a part of driving the transition?
At Aker Solutions, we design, manage, and build some of the most complex energy projects in the world. We are committed to the transition and are at the leading edge of decarbonizing oil and gas and developing zero carbon energy. Building on our renowned front-end engineering skills, we are creating a world-class consultancy which will utilize the experience and data gathered from our early mover advantage in such areas as low carbon oil and gas, electrification, CCS, hydrogen and floating offshore wind to provide robust decision-making analysis and advice to our customers.
We are looking for a principal process engineer
who wants to join our team and who can be the discipline focal point, perform/coordinate discipline activities and support the discipline growth ambitions. The right individual will also have the ability to lead discipline specific studies/workscopes unaided and drive to success complex and interesting technical solutions. Preferred candidate attributes will also be the capability or desire to take ownership of study work and progress to completion, to the study manager/ client requirements.
In the developing energy mix, commercial risks are as prominent as technical risks, and our consultancy will provide broad multi-faceted advice to our customers. This developing market, coupled with an unprecedented demand for our execution experience, means that we are looking to grow our consultancy team with dynamic technical, consulting and commercially minded individuals who can help us meet the challenge of a just and orderly energy transition.What will you be doing?
We think you should have:
- Process design for energy transition projects and oil and gas
- Process system modelling and optimisation evaluations
- Operations support troubleshooting
- Facility capacity rating, debottlenecking and benchmarking
- Client team support
- Deputising for study lead and/or lead areas of study scope
More reasons to work with us:
- Chartered Engineer (or equivalent)
- Early phase / consultancy experience in the energy industry
- Self-motivation and ability to work to deadlines
- A desire to develop new skills and experience
- High competency with specialist process engineering software
- Adaptability to integrate with of a mixture of established mulit multidiscipline teams and capability to work with relative independence
Interested? Contact us
- Professional development and excellent career opportunities with the chance to work on a wide variety of energy solution challenges
- A healthy work-life balance with flexible working conditions throughout the different phases of your journey
- Competitive pay and benefits with excellent pension and insurance schemes as well as private health services
- Possibility to work remotely/from home 1-3 days per week
.For more information about the position, please contact: Stephen Laurie, NES Advantage
NES Advantage is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.