Our client is looking to make the appointment of a "Subcontracts Specialist/Quantity Surveyor" for a mega cracker project in Antwerp, Belgium.
Opportunity for a Subcontracts Specialist role in Antwerp/Belgium at construction site to perform quantity surveying for several construction packages (i.e. Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Instrument Works etc). The ideal candidate will work in a multi-cultural integrated team and will report to the Subcontracts Administrator, together reporting to the Subcontracts Administration Manager. Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications The ideal candidate shall
- Check and approve: i) the unit price Measurements with the drawings issued for construction and; ii) As Built Measurements based on as built drawings submitted by construction contractors. Verify quantities and relevant economical evaluation according to the preambles and method of measurements stipulated in the Contract.
- Prepare and issue, on weekly basis, the report and the status of the (pre and as built) Measurements for each contract
- Expedite and ensure timely receipt of the Measurements from construction contractors
- Maintain proper filing of all Measurements to facilitate any audit
- Liaise with construction contractors to verify their Progress Payment Certificates (issued on monthly basis)
- Check the evaluation of any extra works requested by construction contractors / client
- Participate to the analysis of construction contractors' claims
- Participate to the preparation of contract revisions
- Monitor the official correspondence between EPC and construction contractors and inform the subcontract administrator for any urgent issues.
- Participate to the preparation of official letters for construction contractors
- Follow up the expiry dates of Bank Guarantees (Performance, advance payment, etc), and the insurances provided by construction contractors.
- Participate the weekly subcontracting meetings with subcontractors and participate to the preparation of the notes of meetings after each weekly meeting.
- Participate to the continuous update of the subcontracts monthly report with the extra works issued during that month.
Duration of the contract: 12 Months with possible further extension
- hold an Engineer, a technical or a relevant degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Quantity Surveying for works in industrial plants;
- have very good level of written and spoken English, Dutch is a plus.
- Have good experience in MS Office programs with complex Excel files
- Have very good communication skills
- be used to work in an integrated team on complex projects
- be a team player
- be eligible to work in Belgium
- be available to work at construction site
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.