Role: Subsea Integrity Engineer
Duration: 12 months
Location: UK / Angola Job Summary: The Subsea Integrity Engineer is accountable for the Subsea Integrity Technical Assurance across all operated Assets. This includes delivering integrity and availability of all subsea system, ensuring compliance with company and industry standards. Provision of subsea integrity support to operations, projects, and execution to ensure effective delivery. Ensure pragmatic solutions are identified and implemented to manage risk, production efficiency, defect elimination and standardization, to deliver safe, reliable, and compliant operations. Accountable for coordinating the subsea system integrity management plans and providing subsea input to the overall maintenance build. Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Delivering the Subsea Integrity Management System, including Risk Assessments, Corrosion
- Assessments, Inspection Plans and Annual Reviews.
- Managing the subsea inspection plans by reviewing impact of anomalies and making any
- recommendations for remedial work.
- Maintaining Subsea Hardware Integrity management documentation for assets or supports wider team in review and updating.
- Managing the Integrity Data Management System.
- Monitoring integrity subsea system to determine whether Subsea Hardware is safe to operate. Scope of Subsea systems includes subsea tree to the FPSO topsides boarding valve and associated control & communication system installed topsides.
- Provide basis and recommendations for Subsea integrity preparedness response strategy and spares philosophy for Subsea Hardware
- Setting equipment strategies for subsea integrity and prioritization of Inspection, Maintenance and Repair (IRM) scopes
- Providing Subsea integrity technical support and expertise as required for Subsea operations.
- Review and quality management of Subsea CatC / Major Projects and minor modifications
- Evaluate readiness and subsequently recommend acceptance of new subsea systems from projects into the operating portfolio.
- Provide reliability/availability improvement inputs within Subsea including RCFA and capture of engineering lessons learned driving defect elimination.
- Deliver safety and operational integrity of Subsea Hardware utilizing processes and tools, establishing investigation and closure of actions, performance and learnings.
- Perform condition monitoring, diagnostics and resolution of operational issues for the Subsea
- Hardware, integrating with Subsea Engineering and Subsea Operations and Interventions teams.
- Collates operational integrity risks for Subsea Hardware, ensuring the design provides adequate mitigation barriers.
- Supports optimization of subsea integrity management activities within the planning meetings.
- Support development of Preparedness and Response Strategies and Plans for the Subsea Hardware
- Integrity issues to mitigate the risk to production identified by vulnerabilities and emergent risk issues.
- Provide input and assurance that the Subsea Hardware plans, procedures, and competent resources are in place to start and operate in safe and compliant manner.
- Support development and recommend Subsea Hardware Inspections, Maintenance and Repair (IMR) and Projects scope, budgets, and plans integrating delivery from Subsea Engineering team.
- Maintain Responsibility for the Integrity Management system of all assets and collect reliability data and use it to manage system spares.
- Use inspection and maintenance activities to update Integrity systems anomalies list.
- Review and Coordinate Subsea Integrity management Related eMOC.
- Conduct and participate in any Subsea Integrity Related Risk Assessment.
- Ensuring ‘topside Piping components have appropriate PMRs and frequency for their service.
- Developing subsea integrity management system documentation for the existing assets.
- Reviewing upcoming integrity work and aligns resources to meet business needs.
- Prepare, review and endorse Subsea Hardware related metrics (e.g., integrity dashboard and LOPC data) and intervene where appropriate.
- Supporting delivery of overall operational Subsea Hardware internal corrosion management.
- Preparing Subsea Hardware Integrity material for Integrity Management Team (IMT) meetings.
- Developing cost estimates for work packages and obtain third party input where necessary.
- Develop and maintain risk register, barrier health, risk reporting and risk mitigation action plan for subsea integrity across all operated Assets
- Monitor and manage subsea integrity system anomalies. Develop mitigation / rectification plans and ensure execution / closeout of the anomalies within agreed schedule as per Asset Integrated schedule
- Assess compliance to and deviations from subsea integrity and industry codes and standards. Ensure any deviations are properly risk assessed and documented with necessary approvals as per the Client’s approval workflow.
- Provide periodic system health and integrity reporting for the Subsea Integrity.
- Ensure availability of Subsea integrity technical standards aligned with the Client’s safety, risk management, and business goals.
- Coordinate the Anomaly Management Reports for Subsea Equipment/Hardware.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Subsea Engineering Section Lead and team members
- Subsea Operations team members
- Subsea Projects and Interventions team member
- Subsea Engineering Contractors
- Topsides Integrity Engineers
- Experience in performance management through contracts and contractors
- Ability to develop Subsea Integrity performance management plans.
- Experience / knowledge of integrity management systems and Regulatory requirements relating to Subsea Hardware management is essential for this position.
Essential experience and skills & competencies:
- >6 years of directly relevant experience
- >4 years of experience in a relevant role
- Previous and recent experience in an Integrity Engineer role is essential.
- Experience in Subsea Integrity performance management KPIs
- Experience with subsea integrity within an operating asset or Direct experience of working with an Operator within a similar role.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required.
- Onshore based but be prepared to work offshore on few occasions.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.