At Aker Solutions we are committed to helping the energy industry and broader society #PowerTheChange towards a low-carbon future.
We are changemakers and problem solvers with more than 180 years of experience. Our ambitions are high. By 2030, renewables and low-carbon solutions for oil and gas will make up two-thirds of our business. Do you want to be a part of driving the transition?
Our team in Aberdeen are now looking for Subsea Support Engineer.
The Subsea Support engineer performs the engineering design function by applying their technical expertise in a professional manner in order to comply with prescribed objectives ensuring commercial consideration and customer satisfaction.
- Accountable for all client communication and feedback for assigned workscopes
- This position is an engineering position, and the responsibilities below will be achieved with supervision from senior/principal SSE
- Supporting the delivery of sales/service work scopes in accordance with agreed commercial targets i.e. scope, schedule and budget
- Develop knowledge of Subsea Production Control System (SPCS) on the customer asset(s) allocated, including products, system design and have an up to date understanding of operational status
- Provide technical advice and support troubleshooting, responding promptly to customer requests ensuring regular communication and internal liaising ensuring on track with:
- delivery dates, quoted hours and clear design requirements including customer specifications, equipment progresses through manufacturing, adhering to applicable standards, obsolescence risk and lessons learned with
- Operations including workshop, Design Reviews, 3rd Parties and the customer.
- Proactively liaise with Engineering, Operations and Planning to manage workscope delivery
- Initial triage for operational issues, escalating field service issues through support helpdesk
- Define and prepare offshore/offsite workscopes. Involvement in the creation of procedures to be carried out. prepare HSSE risk assessments, method statements and assist client with any HAZOP they may require
- Define solutions to resolve in-field issues with support of other technical teams
- Participate in design reviews and provide lessons learned as required on completion of worksopes
- Ensure technical solutions or input provided by engineering/workshops is as per client/scope requirements
- Provide Forecast input/updates for account Estimate-to-complete (ETC) reviews
- Identify/quantify unsecured opportunities, track and communicate performance of secured work (expected complete date and progress vs cost incurred) and ensure prompt processing of invoices when service/sales work scopes are complete
- Control of client spares and stored equipment
- Ensure all service/sales work scope quotations fully represent the engineering effort required and maximise value to customer prior to submission
- Demonstrate commercial awareness by identifying, sharing, and securing sales opportunities with Service Manager and Pursuit & Capture team to grow revenue, as well as direct and support Delivery Coordinator to achieve service account commercial targets
- Identify commercial opportunities and act on feedback from customers
- Responsible for the technical and commercial accuracy of quotes.
- Focus on system sustainment where alternative technical proposals may be offered in order to provide better value to customer for the assets life of field
- Ensure compliance with working practices and procedures, also the requirements of the Q&CI and HSSE System including legislation, with respect to all duties and responsibilities
- Support with NCR responses and 8D investigations
- Ensuring to deliver a quality service and Customer expectations are upheld
- Work within clear guidelines where the methods, practices, and procedures to be followed are well defined but may vary from assignment to assignment
- Take part in Services after hours on-call rota and respond in accordance with agreed protocols
- Proactively engage with team in management of rota availability and mutually agree revised slots with the team as necessary
- Any other requirements needed to allow the department to operate smoothly
- Strong interpersonal and presentational skills
- Experience in effectively collaborating with internal departments, third parties & customer representatives to achieve engineering milestones
- Demonstrates technical ownership
- HND/HNC is preferred but not essential. Must have good first hand knowledge of the subsea engineering environment (Candidates/job-holders without the relevant formal qualifications above but possessing other academic or vocational qualifications or who can demonstrate a greater level of relevant practical experience with a proven track-record may be considered equally competent
- BOSIET and MIST certifications desirable as there may be opportunity to travel offshore
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.