Our Automotive client is seeking a Tax Accountant to work in their London office (5 days per week)
The Tax Accountant will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely submission of all required direct and indirect tax returns for the group covering multiple jurisdictions, including transactional data review and reconciliations, as well as supporting the Financial Accounting Manager more generally with periodic and ad-hoc work as appropriate. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Indirect Tax
- Direct Tax
- General Reporting
- This individual will be joining us during a period of development of our ERP system (SAP S4 Hana) they will therefore be expected to play a role in this development, including the integration of a tax engine solution. They will also need to support the wider business in understanding and adhering to new processes.
- Accounting qualification (fully qualified AAT or ATT, part or fully qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA, or relevant degree)
- Experience in the preparation and submission of both UK and overseas VAT compliance submissions, as well as Corporate Tax returns
- Experience of working across multiple countries / regions would be preferable.
- Strong excel and financial systems skills (including SAP would be desirable), as well as strong analytical skills, a proactive approach to problem solving and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a busy team environment and adhere to strict deadlines, as well as being self-motivated and able to prioritise deadlines
- Some Automotive industry and/or Manufacturing experience would be desirable but is not essential
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.