NESFircroft have partnered with a global power and renewables client actively sourcing a technical presales consultant to join their communications team based in the UK
You’ll have a background in engineering and ideally educated to degree level in engineering and familiar with Packet-Switched technologies and TDM. You will have an in depth of knowledge of Automation Communication equipment from your engineering background to enable you to offer specialist support to the business’s wider sales team. You will review technical concepts, tenders and proposals and exploring whether the opportunity is a fit for our business.
Provide pre-sales technical support/expertise to assist our sales team to maximize market share and growth of opportunity with new and existing customers. You will deliver in-depth presentations and product demonstrations to clients as a subject matter expert and offer pre-sales technical support/expertise to assist the sales team. With the knowledge and technical know-how, you’ll also be involved as adviser for product/service solutions.
As a subject matter expert, you’ll demonstrate our communication technology to customers remotely and at their premises, reflecting a confident and professional manner and responding to their questions and queries eloquently. You’ll outline ‘proof of concepts’ in terms of capabilities, functionality, fit for purpose, suitability to meet the client’s needs and provide tangible, measurable solutions that are flexible and adaptable. You’ll enjoy the extensive travel involved in this role. You’ll visit customer sites 30 – 60 days a year within Europe. The role:
- Operate as a subject matter expert and demonstrate our technology.
- Stay ahead of market trends and familiar with current challenges and changes and what’s new.
- Supporting the sales team with tender and proposals
- Provide presales technical support to customers and liaise to audiences who are non-technical on technical matters.
- Engage with the wider Hitachi team and operate in collaboration and consultation with others.
- Customer facing with presentations and demo’s whether at the client site or remote via Teams.
- From an engineering background
- An experienced certified Engineer
- Customer focused with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong Knowledge of Packet Switches Technologies
- Knowledge of TDM technology
- Experience from within our market sector preferably within a utility business
- Fluent communication both written and spoken English (ideally fluent in 2 other languages)
- Confident at delivering presentations and demonstrations to audiences.
- Entrepreneur who can articulate fresh ideas and explain complex concepts.
- Comfortable with remote working and a self-starter and efficient and highly organized.
- Flexible to travel overseas as and when required in the role.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.