Job Title: Technical Trainer II
Start Date: 12/8/2023
Develop technical training programs and help others develop skills that will make them better professionals. Extremely knowledgeable in their field of expertise and possess solid technical aptitude. Serve as key interfaces between training and competency curriculum subject matter experts (SMEs), the broader training organization, and the respective governance councils responsible for the areas they are assigned to support. May be responsible for developing the global curriculum to ensure proper training plans/roadmaps are established within their functional support areas as it relates to SCORR (Safety, Compliance, Operational, Regulatory and Required) training essential for the safe, environmentally responsible, reliable, and efficient operation of Production, Manufacturing, and Midstream assets / organizations.
TASKS AND RESPOSIBILITIES
In addition to all Level 1 tasks and responsibilities, Level 2:
• Focal point for developing and maintaining training material within their functional support area.
• May participate in and/or facilitate competency and training networks and other collaboration forums.
• Expert understanding of their Global Operations Training System as well as a solid understanding of their respective organizations' various management systems such as Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS), Global Reliability System, Molecule Management, Risk Management Systems, the Production and/or Manufacturing Business Team architecture, etc.
• Able to utilize Global Operations Training system mapping, planning, reporting, content management and stewardship tools to assess the functional health of their training portfolio by Site / Region / Organization, etc.
• Develop, upgrade, and maintain global training catalogues/matrix by functional operating / operating support roles.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Behavioral Skills: applies learning, collaborates, communicates effectively, focuses on customers, shows initiative
• Functional Skills: SSHE (Safety, Security, Health and Environment) management - operations and maintenance, managing critical operations, operations - specific technology and unit or area, global training systems knowledge
• Functional Skills (as needed): console knowledge - general and specific unit, HR technology, manage learning programs, vendor management, instructional design
• Preference for experience in Oil/Gas training and student development
• High level verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge in MS Office (especially PowerPoint)
• Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking to crowds
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.