Title: Telecoms Engineer Start Date:
In 1 Month Duration:
12 Months Work Schedule:
Mon – Fri Type:
Negotiable depending on experience
NES Fircroft are delighted to be partnering with a major oil and gas operator who are looking for Telecoms Engineer to work on one of their key projects in London. Will be working on a major LNG project.
The position will be on a contract basis for 12 months, The schedule will be Mon – Fri. In return the individual will be provided with an attractive rate. To be considered for this role, candidates must have existing Right To Work in the UK. Role will be inside IR35, rate is negotiable depending on suitability and experience. The main duties of the position:
- Work in the I&E Engineering organization of 12 FTE on Company’s side and around 185 FTE on Contractor’s side.
- Oversight and review of EPC Contractor’s telecommunications and networking engineering scopes of work.
- Manage plant telecommunications and IT networks and related systems including VoIP based telephone and intercom, PAGA, Control systems, trunked radio system, LAN, WLAN and VLAN.
- Ensure implementation of cybersecurity standards and implementation of TotalEnergies’ Cyber Security.
Areas of expertise: Mandatory
- Assure the Telecoms discipline issuance, review, and approval of EPC technical documents.
- Provide expertise in WAN, Corporate LAN, Telephone System, Hotline System, Public Address General Alarm (PAGA), Meteo Environmental Monitoring System (MEMS), Vessel Traffic Monitoring System (VTMS), Marine Systems (Quick Release Hooks, Mooring Line Monitoring, Berthing Aid System, Ship to Shore, Marine Data Gathering System), CCTV (Process & Security), Access Control, Perimeter Intrusion Detection System, Personnel/Vehicle/Parcel Scanners, Integrated Security Management System (including intercom), VHF Marine Radio System, Operation Radio System (DMR and TETRA), Entertainment System (IPTV & Recreational WiFi), Structured Cabling System, Fibre Optic Network, Radio Towers, etc.
- Implement engineering specifications and provide quality assurance in the procurement of materials, equipment and services to ensure conformity with sound engineering practice and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure all Project HSE requirements are adhered to and implemented. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all Telecoms design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
- Interface with corporate and partner IT personnel to ensure security firewalls are in place for business enterprise data access.
- Interface with corporate cyber-security personnel.
- Interface with Mozambique government authorities for licensing, permitting and compliance verification.
- Indirectly provide oversight and guidance to the engineering teams, Automation and Instrumentation and Control Engineers with respect to telecoms and network system design and interfaces especially with respect to Cyber Security requirements.
- Participate in FATs and IFATs for telecoms systems and interfaces with the ICSS and other systems as required.
- Participate in P&ID reviews, HAZOP and other safety review meetings.
- Proactively manage the telecoms and network system overall cost and schedule; closely monitor the EPC Contractor’s work product and raise any issues with the I&E Engineering Manager.
- Ensure the technical integrity of the EPC contractor’s telecommunications and network engineering / design during EPC execution.
- Assist the I&E Engineering Manager in ensuring the I&E Discipline technical portions of the EPC contract is adhered to during execution.
- During site activities, avoid Contractor stand-by / delay by answering quickly to site queries and unexpected technical site problems, oversee rectification of punch list items, and completion of on-site tests, and oversee erection of all discipline-related equipment.
Previous Experiences & Qualifications
- Engineer with demonstrated experience in the maritime field or offshore / coastal construction
- 5 years minimum experience in an international environment.
- Knowledge of standards and codes for offshore installation.
- Fluent English.
- Degree in Telecommunications Engineering discipline.
- Proficient in English language.
- Eight (8) or more years’ experience in Oil and Gas and large projects.
- Sound understanding of applicable regulatory requirements in international settings.
- Supervisory experience related to plant and project engineering with increasing size and responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge of standard engineering methods, technologies and computerized design techniques.
- Must have recent experience working on the design of telecoms a network infrastructures for oil & gas facilities.
- Experience in working in a project team of engineers and able to function (based upon prior experience) in both the design and operational environment and be able to adapt to different work conditions in office and at site.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.