We are recruiting Trainee Shift Process Technicians for INEOS Acetyls.
INEOS Acetyls is a global chemicals business producing acetic acid and a range of derivatives across Europe, Asia and America. You will be based at the Hull site, which is the largest producer of acetic acid, acetic anhydride and ethyl acetate in Europe. The products they produce are essential building blocks used in almost every industry, including renewable power, automotive, pharmaceuticals, coatings and textiles.
This is a fantastic opportunity open to both experienced Process Technicians and individuals seeking to retrain.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will undergo training to work effectively as a member of the shift operations team and contribute towards the safe and efficient running of the production units, to meet the needs of the business and comply with required health, safety and environmental legislation. You will be working a 24/7 continuous shift pattern and must be comfortable working unsociable hours. Key accountabilities include:
- Following operating instructions to ensure the safe operation of the plant to meet both business requirements and safety and environmental standards.
- Interpreting data and making appropriate decisions to ensure the most effective operation of the plant.
- Monitoring and maintaining equipment, recognising and taking appropriate action if defective.
- Preparing equipment for maintenance and ensure that necessary permits are in place.
- Carrying out scheduled and breakdown maintenance and fault diagnosis, to maximize the availability of the plant.
- Carrying out sample analysis.
- Reviewing Operations and SHE procedures in use and recommending appropriate changes to improve working methods.
- 5 GCSE’s (Grade A*-C // Grade 9-4) – Must include Maths and Science
- Demonstratable work experience, operating effectively in a delivery-focussed fast-paced environment.
- The ability to show us evidence of successfully learning and adapting to new processes and procedures in a positive way.
- A good aptitude for IT systems.
- Experience of working collaboratively as part of a team.
- Experience of following working instructions and complex procedures.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to identify process improvements.
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence others positively.
If successful, you will be employed by NES Fircroft for a minimum of 12 months whilst you complete the required training.
After the 12 months, if you are performing to the required INEOS standards and there is a permanent opportunity available, you would then be offered a permanent contract with INEOS Acetyls.
If there is no permanent opportunity available after the 12-month period, you will continue your training until a permanent opportunity arises in line with business needs.
Competitive Salary plus shift allowance and overtime once pass out at role capability requirements has been achieved. How to Apply
In order to be considered, all applicants are required to register their interest by applying through this advertisement.
We will then issue candidates with an application form via e-mail which needs to completed and returned with a copy of your CV, covering letter, proof of right to work in the UK and copies of relevant qualification certificates.
The above process of application submission MUST
be followed to ensure your details are progressed to the next stage. CLOSING DATE
The closing date for applications is Friday 22nd September 2023.
After this date we will notify all candidates of the outcome via e-mail. The next stage of the process will then entail psychometric testing for successful applicants, those with the highest results will then be invited to attend an assessment day.
Please note any offers from NES Fircroft are subject to a medical including an alcohol and drugs test.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.