Training & Competence Coordinator
12 month Contract
Job Function: Human Resources
Location: Aberdeen, UK
Compressed Working Week (CWW)
Our client offers onshore employees and contractors a Compressed Working Week (CWW) in order to help achieve a healthy work-life balance. The CWW is an arrangement where employees and contractors work a standard two-week work period (10 days) over a compressed period of 9 working days i.e. employees contracted to work 37.5 hours per week will work 75 hours over 9 days (instead of 10 days). The 10th day in the second week of the CWW period is known as 'Flex Friday', a non-working day.
All employees and contractors have the opportunity to participate in Agile Working. Agile Working means individuals can find an optimum balance between home/office working and flexibility on when and where contracted hours are worked. The aim is to deliver business results, whilst supporting a work/life balance and promoting a positive culture that supports engagement and retention. Individuals can establish their own working pattern with their line manager to accommodate business requirements and personal preferences within an agreed framework. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Provide all required coordination and administrative assistance to support an effective and efficient L&D and Competence Assurance Function.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Coordinate training and competence assurance administration e.g. training bookings, spend tracking, training feedback, system recording etc required by onshore and offshore personnel ensuring all mandatory and safety critical training are maintained to support asset safety cases and organisational regulatory requirements
- Act as Competence Assurance point of contact Management System super-user providing ongoing support for all personnel
- Provide regular competence updates to the business and support standardisation activities
- Ensure directorate/asset training and competence assurance programme progress is maintained in accordance with agreed targets, appropriately recorded within the electronic database system and usefully presented to key stakeholders as required
- Prepare training and competence assurance reports e.g. average training days, spend by department etc., as required to enhance planning and budgeting
- Support the administration of function training budgets
- Respond to employee/contractor training and competence queries
- Coordinate payment requirement pertaining to the L&D and Competence Assurance budget, e.g. raising PO’s, checking invoices and liaising with accounts department, paying for courses using company credit card process etc
- Work closely with other L&D team members to identify, plan and deliver projects and initiatives department wide.
- Liaise with the SQA, for the planning of external verification activities and where relevant, adopt the responsibilities of the SQA Coordinator within areas of accountability
- Administer our SQA centre training programme ensuring that it is being completed, recorded and tracked for each programme
- Work closely with external providers on project work related to competence assurance activities, e.g., offshore assessor support
- Continuously develops own knowledge and skills through professional development and keeps up to date with Learning and Development best practice and quality assurance development.
- Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager
- CIPD, or working towards relevant HR qualification.
- Assessor Training (inhouse or national)
- Demonstrable experience in supporting a competence management system within the UK oil and gas industry
- Highly organised, numerate, with demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Ability to work to challenging targets and deadlines and to deliver when under pressure whilst remaining calm and professional
- Capability to work on own initiative within defined parameters, take direction as and when required
- T literate with knowledge of, and ability to competently use training and competence management systems and all other internal systems and databases
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel to at least an intermediate level
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to deal confidently and professionally with all stakeholders
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate a positive and "can-do" attitude
- A high level of integrity, common sense with strong attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Office 365 applications user
- Willingness to travel offshore to provide support
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.