The Turbine Technician will perform all the operations necessary for the assembly, disassembly, test, prep, or de-prep of various gas turbine engines, modules, components or accessories in accordance with appropriate technical specifications and / or standard work practices. Gas turbine models to include LM6000, LM2500 and LMS100. Responsibilities
- Material handling of key materials and supplies.
- Comprehensive inspections of gas turbine engines, components and hardware for serviceability in accordance with technical specifications.
- Report and record discrepancies using service manuals as a reference.
- Maintain records and ensure proper documentation of turbine assembly, disassembly, or repairs per the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Troubleshoot in-process problems, malfunctions, or component failures.
- Use all types of precision measuring instruments and devices, hand and power tools, shop equipment and machinery as assigned.
- Uphold safety requirements and compliance in accordance with current policies.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace to promote safety.
- Work individually and in teams to support continuous improvement projects.
- Perform other related duties as requested/assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in Gas Turbine, Aircraft Engine Services, automotive engine or A&P license.
- Ability and willingness to lift 40lbs.
- Able to read and interpret service repair manuals and technical publications to determine work procedures.
- Experience in the use of various hand tools including but not limited to torque wrenches, transducers, multipliers, dial indicators, micrometers, scales and other precision instrumentation.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.