12 Month Contract, Norwich
NES Fircroft are working with a leading independent Oil & Gas company with operations worldwide.This opportunity is available in our UK subsidiary which manages operations in the Southern North Sea.
Reporting directly to the QSSHE (Quality, Security, Safety, Health and Environmental) Senior Project Engineer, the primary function of this position is to be responsible for the administration and reporting of the Independent Verification Scheme, and QSSHE Projects Compliance Register associated with its Southern North Sea (SNS) gas production assets.
This role is based in Norwich with occasional visits to other operational sites, both offshore and onshore, as required by the business. Working hours are Monday to Friday.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Providing technical and administrative support to maintain the Written Scheme of Verification and maintain Performance Standards
• Liaise with Safety and Environmental Critical Equipment (SECE) owners in regard to Performance Standards.
• Input into high level strategies, policies, and business processes to achieve more effective Performance Standard compliance in accordance with the verification scheme.
• Liaising with senior management to ensure appropriate access to installations and to ensure documentation and resources to support the verification process are in place.
• Liaise with incumbent Independent Verification Body, ensuring programme completion and timely reporting.
• Manage the recording of IVB reports and updating any actions into the Action Tracking database (PTrac).
• Monitoring status of verification findings to ensure timely and adequate close-out. Ensure findings are reported and actioned:
• Operate a system of required actions status recording.
• Discuss actions with relevant personnel.
• Follow through actions to completion.
• Ensuring that OIMs are made immediately aware of any Level 2 Anomalies deemed to require an ORA.
• Provide verification support and expertise to ad-hoc project works, including Combined
Operations (COMOPS) and SECE engineering upgrades.
• Support the Management of Change (PeMOC) process by assisting in PeMOC development and close-out.
• Provide broader assistance within the Verification and Assurance team in order to ensure compliant operations across the asset base.
• Directly support the Assurance Manager on the Asset Integrity Management Strategy(AIMS) Performance Standard review.
• Chairing periodic meeting with the relevant teams and independent verification body for verification action review and close out.
• Assist with delivery of the activities and deliverables allocated to the location in accordance with the QSSHE Compliance Register.
• Organising, assisting with and input into various safety studies.
• Support the Lead QSHE Engineer, with respect to project compliance and action tracking.
Experience / Qualifications:
• Knowledge of UK regulations and guidance governing oil and gas production.
• Experience of working in Engineering discipline; ideally with safety critical equipment, associated performance standards and assurance/verification of performance. Oil & Gas industry experience is desirable
• Able to work independently and be comfortable reporting and interacting with senior management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• IT skills to an advanced level, specifically spreadsheet manipulation.
• Ability to read and interpret technical data.
• Safety studies scribing experience is desirable.
To apply for this position, please forward your updated CV.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.