Job DescriptionGood Day!
The NES Chicago office currently has an excellent job opportunity with one of the world’s largest oil and gas brands at their refinery located in the Joliet area for an entry level Waste Coordinator. This individual would primarily be responsible for field sampling and monitoring of the refinery’s waste disposal procedures. If this sounds like a great opportunity for yourself or someone you know, please reach out to Tom Rebellato at email@example.com. Additional job details can be found below.
Location: Joliet, IL area.
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM—Some OT may be required.
Pay Range: $25-$35/hr.
Duration: Contract will start October, 2020 and run until the end of 2021 with a possibility of being extended longer.
- This is primarily a field base role. Candidates will be expected to assist Senior level coordinators with waste sampling and disposal procedures.
- Oversee the planning, coordination, and monitoring of solid and liquid waste management for the Upstream / Downstream operations environment.
- Supervise the day-to-day implementation of waste services provision by 3rd party contractors.
- Provide timely direction and support to ensure operations waste requirements are met.
- Ensure that correct client standards and waste disposal procedures are undertaken by client staff and contractors, such as identifying waste materials, safety guideline training, and conducting risk assessments on hazardous materials.
- Ensure compliance with local and national laws with regards to safe handling, storage and disposal of waste, whilst implementing strategies to reduce waste.
- Must have 2+ years of experience in waste management and/or environmental experience.
- Must have knowledge on waste facilities and activities (including water, air, noise emissions).
- Previous experience within the oil and gas industry is a big plus.
- Candidates local to the Joliet, IL area are strongly preferred. No per diem or relocation offered.