Description: The Contract Well Servicing Engineer is responsible for the engineering of well service and production operations. They work with a team of engineers and technicians to ensure that well service and production operations are safe, efficient, and effective. The Contract Well Servicing Engineer must have a strong understanding of well service and production engineering procedures. Primary responsibilities are to research well files, compile wellbore information, and assist in drafting procedures to reduce cost and cycle time while ensuring company and regulatory standards are met. They must also be able to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including engineers, technicians, and clients.
• Plugging and Abandonment: research well files, COGCC website, and internal data sources to compile necessary information to create plug and abandonment procedures. This includes working with field operations and well servicing engineers to ensure company and industry standards, regulatory requirements, stakeholder, and leaseholder obligations are met.
• Well Work and Maintenance: assist in compiling necessary information for root-cause failure analysis meetings and well work procedures. This includes working with the production engineering team to assist in providing cost estimates and options for increased time to market and run life.
• Key Performance Indicators: assist engineering manager in tracking KPIs; utilizing Spotfire, PowerBi, and Excel.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and standards, along with company HSE training requirements and policies
• Holds a Petroleum Engineering Degree or related engineering field at an accredited ABET program.
• Minimum of 2 years of related engineering work in the oil & gas industry
• Understands and demonstrates sound working knowledge of basic technical principles, and applies them to solve routine problems.
• Has strong time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
• Able to work in a multi-discipline team environment.
• Understands use of Microsoft programs and data management programs (Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBi, Spotfire)
• Possesses a strong work ethic and is self-motivated.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.