Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
We have highly skilled, social, and creative people working in our Piping & Layout department
. Wellbeing, communication, and hard work is important to us, and we work together as a team to deliver to our customers.
To strengthen our team, Aker Solutions
in Brevik is looking for a Work Preparation Engineer
who can help us succeed. What will you be doing?
You will be working as Work Preparation, Piping Engineer (Job setter)
together with other colleagues in
the Brevik project,
your responsibility includes but not limited to the following:
We think you should have some of the following:
- Establish job packages for piping scope based on spooling that has been done for prefab and provide basis for installation of spools, tie-in between modules, estimation of hours, connections of installation materials
- Quality assurance of the estimate in established job packages for critical activities
- Support other job setters with limited experience in MIPS
- BSc in relevant field
- Knowledge and experience in piping design, fabrication and installation
- Proficiency in MIPS software
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Attention to detail and quality standards
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English (written and oral). Norwegian is required.
Brevik - Applicants need to be located in Norway and able to relocate to Brevik. Contract duration:
April 2024 with option for extension More reasons to work with us:
Only applications received online will be considered, not via email. For further information about the position please contact:
- Opportunity to grow your network and develop professionally by integrating yourself into highly competent teams within world-renowned organizations in the energy sector
- On-going support from our experienced recruitment and back-office support professionals
- Exclusive access to all Aker Solutions’ project positions in Norway, with access to permanent positions when these are offered; we are the only company that has a frame agreement with Aker Solutions for project employments
- Fantastic office building with onsite canteen and training facilities
Margareth Back, Senior Advisor, NES Advantage, email@example.com
Tel: +47 464 11 664 NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions` global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services. As project employee you will be employed by NES Advantage Solutions AS, working for Aker Solutions.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.