Our valued client, a Global Oil & Gas EPC, are looking for a Workshop Services Technician to join their Henderson Operations.
The Workshop Technician's Primary duty is to execute Service Orders which comprises of Mechanical, Hydraulics and occasionally electrical maintenance and testing scopes of work. This includes but is not limited to Client owned equipment that was supplied by company, 3rd part equipment or company owned rental equipment. Job Description
- Execute scopes of works described in Service Orders. Scopes of work include Inspecting, Servicing, and preserving Subsea Oilfield Equipment
- Majority of works are Mechanical fitting, functioning, hydraulic flushing and testing in nature.
- Ensure that all areas are organized and prepared for the following day’s needs i.e. work is stored properly, equipment is left in a safe condition etc.
- Material movement using forklifts, pallet jacks and overhead cranes
- Occasionally required to Support Workshop Supervisor in performing ad hoc workshop related tasks
- Required to perform detailed documentation with high accuracy i.e. recording inspection findings, test records and completing Test procedures.
- 3 - 5 years minimum assembly and test workshop experience related to mechanical and/or hydraulic tooling and equipment preferably in a petroleum industry related environment
- Experience working on subsea Drilling, Well Completions, Well Access and/or Controls equipment is highly desired
- Experience with operating an overhead/gantry crane
- Must have sound understanding of good workshop working practices and strong awareness towards safe working practices.
- Offshore experience would be highly considered.
- Mechanical/Electrical Trades certificate – good to have
- Forklift license
- Rigging or Dogging license
- Working Safely at heights license – good to have
- Electronic work platform license
- Qualified First Aider
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.