How Can A Long-Term Managed Solutions Partnership Impact Your Business Over Time?06 Jun, 20224:08
Engaging in a Managed Solutions partnership can bring about opportunities for business growt...
Engaging in a Managed Solutions partnership can bring about opportunities for business growth and development. But what can this progress look like overtime for your business? To answer this question, here’s a breakdown of our partnership with one of the world's largest oil field services companies.
Over the last 10+ years, we’ve supported our client through great change. Our partnership with them began in Asia Pacific, with a team of 8 supporting permanent recruitment activities, and has since grown to cover the entirety of the Eastern Hemisphere. As of November 2018, we broke ground into North America too, with our first team deployed to cover the Permian Basin in West Texas.
Services provided to our client
- Recruitment process outsourcing (RPO), delivered by a team of on-site recruiters and management, and off-site admin and support staff.
- Externals, temps, and contractors MSP solution, delivered by on-site recruiters, supported by NES office operations teams. Includes the management of other external vendors.
- Immigration and onboarding support team, provided in partnership with our partner, AMS.
Your needs are fully understood meaning big business decisions are supported
One of the biggest business changes we’ve seen during our time supporting our client, was a company merger. During this time, it quickly became apparent that having the right talent in place was instrumental to the success of this project.
Although mergers and acquisitions are positive steps for most businesses, integrations between the two companies can be fraught with challenges, including getting the culture right and change management. Getting these things wrong can create an inefficient and even toxic work environment.
After 12 months of reviewing both legacy companies’ processes, systems and personnel, the new organisation decided that the Talent Acquisition delivery model provided by NES would be adopted across the whole organisation. This was a testament to the quality of the delivery model of the NES RPO which was already in place and had an immensely successful track record of delivering on-site recruitment to the legacy organisation in the Eastern Hemisphere, with over 17,000 hires made in 8 years.
After the merger, our RPOs covered the hiring needs of an organisation that was almost 80,000 strong. We were given less than 6 weeks’ notice of this increased scope, which required us to double our teams and ensure that team members were fully trained not just on the client's legacy products, but also on systems, processes, and personnel.
How did NES support the merger?
To support this change, from Oct 17 to Oct 18, we grew from 23 to 73 recruiters. Our global support team for this client is now 131 strong, spread across 24 countries and speaks 21 languages.
Since the merger, our experienced recruiters have used their discipline-specific knowledge to deliver the hiring of 4,600+ individuals, with an average of 38 days to offer, far surpassing industry averages. This quick response to the client's talent needs ensured a successful merger with a smooth integration through talent management.
In the first 3 months following the merger, we had:
- Added an additional 32 team members
- Ran 18 training sessions in collaboration with the client
- Processed 795 new positions across the legacy Oil & Gas business
Access to cutting-edge technology and talent mapping
By working with a managed solutions provider, you can gain access to talent insights and recruitment innovations that you otherwise, may not have the resource to do yourself.
For our client, we’ve provided key talent maps that allowed their projects to run smoothly, for example:
Our client was looking to ramp up recruitment of C# & C++ developers in Europe and was interested in looking at supply and demand and the likelihood of them relocating to Celle as the local market was narrow. We worked with our partners to conduct market mapping and talent hotspot analysis to identify geographic areas we should be targeting for talent and building and broadcasting a message promoting the client's employee value proposition. We then mapped key talent individuals from targeted companies to potentially approach for employment.
We replicated the approach taken in Germany within Measurement and Controls for a sales leader in Algeria, Regional Sales Managers for Dubai, and an Inspection Technology Sales Leader.
Innovative media solutions in the face of budget restraints
Our client's Talent Acquisition team had significant budget restraints that did not leave room for media spend.
Therefore, we reviewed our cost model and designed a way for the business and operations to pay for media spend in a fee-per-use approach which meant that Talent Acquisition would not need to foot the bill. We then exploited our economies of scale with having multiple media needs across multiple client accounts to negotiate aggressively with media outlets to secure pricing far more competitive than what the client would have been able to secure if they went out on their own.
The result was a fit-for-purpose media solution, with no wasted spend, and at far cheaper prices.
Easy access to the talent you need to achieve your business goals
The hires we’ve attracted have significantly contributed to the client's goals of localisation and diversity, far surpassing industry averages and enabling them to meet their commitments.
- 3,212 were local hires, including in very challenging regions such as Saudi Arabia and Africa
- 562 were women, in regions with poor female engagement in the Oil & Gas sector.
To achieve these targets, our recruiters’ local expertise was critical, ensuring the best sourcing strategies were deployed.
NES Advantage and Managed Solutions – we can help you with your staffing challenges
At NES Advantage Solutions, we are experienced in offering individually tailored Managed Solutions and can manage your entire workforce solution under a single operation, ensuring smooth and compliant processes. Whether you need help across multiple phases of a project or on an ongoing basis, we can help with your staffing challenges.
Our managed solutions offerings are:
- 100% compliant – Our award-winning compliance team ensures all contractors are engaged compliantly when it comes to difficult areas such as visas, taxation and insurance cover.
- Industry-focused – we have experience across several sectors such as Oil and Gas, Chemicals, Power, Renewables, Life Sciences and Mining. Learn more about our sectors.
- Committed to cost-effective and quick start implementations.
- A partnership – we align with your brand and can operate entirely in-house with your internal teams
- Seamless – we work as an extended arm of your team
- A great experience – for your employees undergoing a daunting relocation, your potential employees going through the hiring process and for your business with regular progress reports.
- Technology-enabled - we utilize various technologies into a seamless tech stack offering flexibility, efficiency, and innovation
If you would like to talk to us about our Managed Solutions, get in touch with one of our experts today.