Case Study - Malaysia Fabrication Yard
Malaysia - Expatriate Workforce Compliance
After successfully winning the engineering and procurement contract for the Wheatstone project, the client was required to fabricate train modules. Lumut fabrication yard was selected as the chosen yard for a duration of 3 years.
Our client was finding it difficult to attract local nationals for the project, and had limited knowledge in regards to culture, working conditions, payroll and Malaysian legislation.
They required compliance assistance to support their onboarding process, which included:
- drug and alcohol testing
- background checks
- documentation verification
- project induction
NESF was engaged as their chosen staffing partner, as we could not only provide recruitment support but also a range of mobility services through our network of international offices, which are staffed by local consultants with country-specific knowledge.
We appointed a dedicated on-site recruiter at the client’s offices to source the candidates and manage the administration process in its entirety.
- Created a compliant on boarding pack to ensure all contractors made a smooth transition to their new working location
- Compliantly mobilised 183 contractors over a 2 year period
- Achieved the highest retention rate on on site at 96% over the full 3 year contract
- Provided a HR solution to the client so they could administrate expatriate visas for direct staff
The results of our support
Our success on the project led to NESF winning work with an EPC contractor on the same site where we supplied a further 154 contractors.
- We are now a preferred supplier for the client's other global projects and are their number 1 staffing supplier in Malaysia
- We have excellent relationships with key stakeholders
- The client now has a qualified workforce which now can be mobilised to other projects within Malaysia