Environmental, Social & Governance
Our business is dedicated to providing the skilled engineers and technical workforce needed to deliver the energy and scientific solutions of the future.
We aim to do business responsibly by aligning our strategies and operations with the UN Ten Principles on human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption.
NES Fircroft’s vision is to lead the way – supporting our clients; with an emphasis on collaboration and innovation, providing employment opportunities for local communities, and minimising our impact on the environment, to ultimately deliver a brighter tomorrow.
Our values speak to our commitment to advancing initiatives across Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) topics:
We support projects driving carbon-neutral initiatives across the globe. We are accredited as an ISO 14001 EMS business and strive to minimise the environmental impact of our business year on year.
People come first. We work every day to empower our staff, offer equity and employment opportunities and create an inclusive and diverse workplace. We respect the fundamental human rights of everyone in our supply chains.
Our corporate governance framework fosters continuous improvement, informed and effective decision-making, and unrivalled compliance.
Our customers are at the centre of everything we do.
- Our first priority is to deliver safe, efficient and effective workforce solutions that help our clients meet their objectives to transform their businesses for the future.
- Contractors and candidates are valued customers. We aim to offer employment opportunities in local communities or worldwide where their skills are needed.
- Our support teams are dedicated to enabling and empowering their colleagues to ensure we can continue to supply leading engineering talent on projects that make a difference.
We do the right things in the right way every time.
- Personal integrity and responsibility are the foundations of our business, and we own our responsibility to our customers, colleagues and shareholders. We differentiate our workforce solutions on the basis of compliance and hold ourselves and our suppliers to the highest standards to protect our people and those in our supply chains.
- We are committed to minimising our impact on the environment and supporting projects that are fundamental to the global energy transition, carbon neutral projects and renewable energy, as well as innovations in power, chemicals and life sciences.
We bring passion and determination to our work every day.
- We work harder and smarter to improve quality and standards within our profession.
- We look to grow and develop our own talent, providing employment opportunities all over the world.
- We give back to those around us and in our communities supporting local causes where we can make a real difference
Our business is dynamic and customised to the needs and opportunities of the local markets where we compete.
- We are creative, adaptive and innovative to ensure we evolve with our clients to meet their changing needs and also those of our planet.
- We look for new opportunities to improve our processes and evolve our working practices.
We work together as one team, always.
- Our collaboration – globally and locally – sets us apart.
- We strive to be the best in our industry, for our employees, our customers and for future generations.
- We recognise, respect and value diversity; it makes us better.
United Nations Sustainability Goals Alignment
The United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals are the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. They address the global challenges we face, including poverty, inequality, climate change, environmental degradation, peace and justice
Decent work and economic growth
Over the past year we have placed over 20,000 people worldwide into their next role, supporting the individual, our client and the wider community.
In FY20 we provided our outplacement services virtually to clients who were having to restructure. This includes services such as coaching on how to approach the job market, confidence building and CV workshops, as well as professional recruiter services to find employees a new role. On one such project 75% of the participants were offered a new job during or right after the program.
We believe in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) and have been at the forefront of driving the diversity agenda supporting our Energy clients with their initiatives.
We regularly publish a "Women in Energy" survey to help highlight what the Energy industry could be doing to attract and retain more female employees and to educate hiring managers on diversity best practice - delivering clear, actionable insights to apply to their business.
Affordable and clean energy
We provide the skilled engineers and technical workforce needed to deliver the energy and scientific solutions of the future. Our priority is to help our clients as they move to cleaner and more efficient energy solutions enabling them to meet their net zero commitments by 2050.
In FY20 we placed 21,500 skilled workers across transformational projects in 99 countries.
We recognise, respect and value the diverse nature of the wider society in which we operate. As a global business spanning six continents we are proud to remain close to our communities and provide employment opportunities for all.
NES Fircroft Foundation
The NES Fircroft Foundation was established in 2022 to bring our teams together across the world and leverage our scale to make a greater difference in our local communities and the global environment in which we operate.