Case Study - Singapore Life Science
Singapore - Staffing a Pharmaceutical Plant Expansion
The complex facility included a new edition of an organic synthesis plant, milling building, solvent tank farm, warehousing, a thermal oxidiser, laboratories, offices and canteen facilities.
Travel restrictions during COVID-19 prevented personnel from entering Singapore, impacting our client’s project to expand their active pharmaceutical ingredient facility.
- They couldn’t relocate their experienced management team
- Sourcing candidates with the requisite skills to take on a pharmaceutical expansion project proved challenging
The absence of leadership and multi-discipline project personnel had a direct impact on their project. The client turned to NES Fircroft in Singapore to provide them with a pathway to overcome their challenges in the shortest possible timeframe.
We assigned dedicated teams to design a solution which mobilised the management team and sourced and engaged skilled personnel in Singapore, addressing both obstacles concurrently.
Our provision of exceptional candidate care encouraged our contractors to choose us over competitor projects.
- MOBILISATION: We used our experience of mobilising different nationalities into Singapore to provide our client with an efficient global mobility solution which mitigated the market conditions.
- SUPPORT TEAM: Our experienced in-country teams worked with local authorities such as the Economic Development Board to ensure the client’s expatriates were able to enter the country. To further aid the process we also created a streamlined visa and work permit process for the client’s senior employees.
- RECRUITMENT: We designed an effective attraction campaign targeting Singaporean candidates and expatriates with permanent residence status.
The results of our support
Despite the challenge presented by COVID-19, we successfully secured visas and mobilised the management team from Ireland, USA & India into Singapore within a 4–6-week window.
- We successfully and solely sourced candidates who were readily available and capable of fulfilling the needs of the project, including some difficult roles such as an Automation Engineer and a BMS Engineer.
- Following our support, the project is progressing and finishing the detailed design phase with construction activities now underway.