Contractor management across 4 continents
The client has achieved significant costs savings through utilising NES Fircroft as the single contractor management solution
Our client is an international exploration and production and LNG company active in more than 20 countries. In 2014 NES Fircroft was appointed as the client’s sole contractor management partner, initially for their assets in the UK and Australia. Our successful partnership led to the agreement being extended into the USA, Canada, Trinidad & Tobago and Tanzania.
Our client’s large project scope and the global nature of their work brings with it a raft of complications and potential barriers to operation:
- Volume contractor transitions: the largest transition that we have supported with to date involved 500 contractors (280 of which were from other third party suppliers) across 2 locations in the UK and 5 locations in Australia
- Logistical problems: especially in Australia where the distance between various project sites can be vast
- Multiple currency transactions
- Mitigating the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) (“TUPE”) Regulations to ensure that staff were supported throughout the process
We deliver an integrated and compliant contractor onboarding, management and payroll service to ensure that we facilitate a seamless process with no disruption to our client’s operations. Through utilising NES Fircroft as the single contractor management solution, the client has achieved significant costs savings.
Our dedicated global account management structure encompasses a global account Director and a full support team which to date has -
- Implemented an online timesheet and expenses portal
- Created tailored contractor briefings and training guides
- Facilitated a compliant onboarding process prior to contractor deployments (including visa and work permit administration and logistics / travel support)
- Managed a multi-currency billing process which adheres to local guidelines
- Delivered day-rate industry salary benchmarking in the UK
- Retained the client’s existing preferred suppliers where prudent