Case Study - Life Science, Germany
Sourcing an Expeditor for a Med Tech Company
Our client had begun a CAPEX project in Germany to build a new production facility which would manufacture syringes – a fundamental part of facilitating mass-scale vaccinations
Whilst the client had an Expeditor already overseeing the build, they had expressed severe concerns over their contractor’s competency and so were in urgent need of a replacement.
It was a business-critical position; as the project was already under-way, they sought an immediate solution to rectify and prevent any further damage to their operations. There was a significant amount of pressure on the client to maintain their project deadlines.
The pandemic coupled with the rising levels of investment across the biotechnology market has created an exceptionally tight candidate market; the right hire needed to be immediately available and demonstrate a profound level of aptitude to maintain project output and prevent any further disruption.
It was also imperative that the new hire had the technical background needed to understand the digital side of the business as well as good management and communication skills – elements which do not always go hand in hand.
Our demonstrable experience within the Medical Devices market combined with our extensive German talent pool led the client to entrust our support. We immediately appointed a specialist from our Mannheim office to lead the recruitment drive.
- Expediting skills are exceptionally rare and consequently we orchestrated our search within the passive market.
- We applied an extensive qualification exercise to ensure that the prospective candidates demonstrated the ability to embody the link between procurement, the technical side of the business and programme logistics.
- After mining the German market at length, we put forward just 2 candidates that met the high calibre outlined in the job brief.
- As a result of our efforts, we were able to onboard the new contractor to the client’s project site in under 3 weeks.
The results of our support
The Expeditor we placed went on to successfully perform the role.
- Our success and demonstrable efficient methodology led to the client seeking our support for a second hire; a Dev Ops Manager. This position was for a different project site for a completely different company within the bigger corporation, evidencing our growing client relationship with their wider internal hiring management team.
- We have also been given 2 permanent vacancies; an Automation Engineer and Head of Manufacturing Systems.
- The prestige of our client is such that they typically only use a handful of the highest quality talent suppliers – NES Fircroft’s standing in now supporting both contract and permanent hires across a broad range of roles evidences our capacity to support their full project life-cycle, our specialist market expertise, and breadth of competency within the talent market.