Case Study - Oil & Gas
Reducing Recruitment Costs in a Competitive Market
Our client is one of the largest independent oil and gas companies in the UK
Our client was looking to reduce costs and ease the recruitment burden on their HR team.
Staffing their drilling projects with the best personnel was challenging for our client as the local talent pool is very small, making it extremely competitive.
Furthermore, the onboarding process for contractors had become more complex following the introduction of legislation changes to IR35. Our demonstrable experience in the British oil and gas market led the client to engage with our Managed Services Solutions team.
Our Recruitment Solution
To help our client save on recruitment costs and free up resources in their HR team, we provided an on-site presence and implemented a rigorous, smooth hiring process which the client still uses to this day.
- Implemented and built a technology solution to manage their hiring requests and payroll
- Sourced candidates and presented shortlists, providing offers to the successful candidates
- Arranged interviews with the hiring managers
- Introduced an invoicing procedure to streamline the process, enhance client visibility and decrease workload for their HR team
- Provided consultancy to the client’s management team in regards to the IR35 process and helped to introduce policies in this area
Once a candidate offer is accepted, we liaise with the client’s office manager, finance, security, and the IT department to ensure that the new starter has the appropriate tools and equipment. We also support the new starter with a tutorial on how to create and submit their online timesheets. Past the candidate’s first day, we provide ongoing support to ensure that they settle in and can deliver their assignment without complication.
To date, our managed solutions services have saved over £400,000 for the client and we have also decreased their vacancy pattern as a direct result of our contractor support. Over the last 5 years of our partnership, we’ve:
Onboarded 400+ personnel across drilling projects in Aberdeen
Sourced 100% of candidates locally despite the competitive market
Reduced the client’s average time to hire by 2-3 days