Case Study - Biotechnology
Biotech Staffing in Switzerland
Our client is based in the very competitive market of Switzerland and operates one of the largest CAPEX projects in the country
There are a volume number of CAPEX projects in-region and continued investment, resulting in an exceptionally talent short market where companies must seek talent from across borders.
The specialised nature of our client’s work also demands personnel with niche skillsets. In addition, candidates that do have the required level of technical expertise do not necessarily possess the German language skills required in order to onboard to our client’s team. We are one of a small number of agencies on the client’s preferred suppliers list and due to our European presence and talent network were tasked with supplying their contract staff.
Unlike many other agencies, NES Fircroft boasts a local office presence in Switzerland through a physical office in Zürich. Our Zürich branch acts as our European office hub at the centre of some of the continent’s most ground-breaking scientific developments.
To support our client’s scope we put together a dedicated team of 4 consultants, all with ample experience in sourcing personnel for CAPEX projects. Our client has two sides to their Switzerland operation – a site near a major city and a production site – our continued success has led to our delivering staff to both sites.
The team has:
- Met the client face to face to obtain a sense of their culture and working environment, and provided real on the ground support
- Remained transparent throughout the process through regular communication and detailed briefings
- Provided practical support to all prospective candidates across the European market (from calling immigration to arrange work permit extensions, to helping candidates to research short term accommodation options)
- Provided consultancy to Hiring Managers, enabling our client to remain agile during turbulent market conditions
- Helped candidates to prepare for interviews
- Facilitated a seamless and compliant onboarding process through collaboration with our other European offices and Commercial team
- Orchestrated payroll services
- Performed check-in calls with all placed candidates to ensure that placements run smoothly; the expertise of some of our candidates was so high that several contractors have been granted contract extensions
The results of our support
To date we have made 5 contract placements:
- Regulatory Affairs Documentation Specialist
- Electrical Engineer
- IT Lab Support Worker
- Senior Scientist (Monitoring)
- Scientist (Translational Biology)
The breadth of our European talent network and strength of our employer branding is evidenced in the diversity of our placed candidates’ nationalities which have included an Italian national living in Hungary, a Spanish candidate from Spain and several candidates from the highly small and competitive Swiss market.
Our capacity to deliver quickly has been a major factor in our client’s satisfaction. For example, for the Electrical Engineering position within just 2 weeks of receiving the brief we ran 3 interviews and placed the successful candidate at our client’s site.
We are proud to support our client’s life changing work and look forward to supporting them in their future endeavours.