Iraq - major oilfield recruitment
Majnoon is one of the world’s largest oil fields, estimated to hold about 38 billion barrels of oil.
The South Gas Project is a Midstream gas project involving the gathering, treatment and processing of 2 billion cubic feet a day of gas.
The three oilfields in the south of the country supply gas to the local market with the potential for sale to the international market as LNG via a floating liquefaction facility off Basra.
Work to maintain and revamp the current facilities and install new production stations commenced following the signing of the EPC contracts. The scope of work included building two new processing plants with a capacity of 50,000 barrels per day each and increasing the capacity of the processor to 120,000 b/d.
Our Recruitment Solution
In addition to our contract recruitment services, we provided a range of assignment support services for the contractors’ and clients’ peace of mind. We briefed all contractors during the various mobilisation processes and coordinated all meets and greets including safe transportation to site.
Other services included:
- Visa & Work permit administration
- Payroll and tax administration
- Arranging local bank accounts (for expatriates in Dubai, both locals and expatriates in Iraq)
- Insurances (travel, medical)
- Travel services - flights / hotel bookings
- 24 hour emergency advice & support
- Accommodation arrangement - support from in-country office
- Meet, greet and security services
- Pre-assignment medicals
- Mobilisation coordination with contractor and client for onboarding in Dubai with client
The results of our support
During the first phase of recruitment, we placed 160 contractors.
We were the only agents to continually provide Iraq visas during the first year of work, and our comprehensive methodology considerably minimised mobilisation delays.
Disciplines supplied included:
• Project Services / Controls (Engineers / Management)
• Construction & HSE
• Operations & Maintenance
• Document Control
• IT Services
• Inspection Personnel (including QA / QC)