Case Study - Wind
Saudi Arabia - staffing the first wind farm
At the time of our engagement, as the country's first project in this area, local talent pools didn't exist.
Our client is a Spanish engineering and industrial construction company specialising in the
engineering, development and supply of facilities. The client acts as an EPC contractor for the conventional and renewable energy sectors.
The client was building Saudi Arabia’s first utility scale wind farm - prior to this project, the country had just one single wind turbine. The wind power industry was brand new in Saudi Arabia, meaning the local talent pool was non-existent.
We had previously supported the client with a solar project in Dubai, and a wind project in Oman - the quality of the workforce we provided was so high that the client specified they sought our help in mobilising several of the Oman-based personnel into the new Saudi Arabia project site, as well as our help in sourcing additional resource.
The new project was set to be eight times the size of their Omani venture, and was based in an extremely remote location which posed a barrier to candidate attraction.
NES Fircroft has operated within Saudi Arabia for almost two decades and is backed by a local office network spanning the entire Middle Eastern region.
Our discipline-specific recruiters are backed by award-winning assignment support teams to ensure that all logistics are handled for contractor well-fare and that the client can concentrate on the business at hand.
- Orchestrated visas, work permits, onboarding and payroll.
Our in-country set-up means that we have rapid access to Saudi Arabia visas, we provided an exceptionally detailed onboarding document which outlined the site conditions, and our award-winning finance teams adhere to all applicable legislation to ensure that the payroll process remains efficient and compliant.
- Extensive support provided for mobilisation, demobilisation, site visits and emergency response.
We implemented a tailored emergency response plan that was imperative to the safeguarding of the workforce, we made multiple in-person visits to the site to offer on the ground support to the contractors, and our travel team orchestrated all required transport needs.
The results of our support
Our proven high quality service track record is evident in that this is the third Middle Eastern project we have supported for the client:
- Through our established talent networks we have placed six members of the client’s management team onto the Saudi Arabi site spanning roles across HSE, Quality, Mechanical and Commissioning.
- Our timeline to hire and mobilise personnel is significantly lower than many other local suppliers and the client has commented on our speed of delivery
- Our success means that we remain the sole supplier for their expatriate hiring needs