Recruiting for The Kitimat LNG Project
NES Fircroft assisted our clients to recruit and engage project team members in USA (Houston), Calgary, Kitimat, Terrace, Surrey (Canada) and Yokohama (Japan) for the Kitimat LNG project.
We leveraged our international office footprint and candidate networks, identifying personnel from across the globe.
Using our global mobility services we could mobilize personnel onto overseas assignments to support the project, and relocate them back to their point of origin once their scope of work was complete. We did whatever we could to make the process easy for our contractors, including:
- Assisting with the necessary work permits
- Engaging workers on compliant payroll solutions to meet local tax legislation
- Helping to ship contractors’ belongings
- Arranging accommodation and transportation, including flights and vehicles
- Meeting contractors at the local airports and taking them to interim accommodation.
The results of our support
We sourced and supported 40+ contractors on this project when it was pushing for an initial investment decision.
The key positions included:
- Advisors (Construction / Contract / Project Controls / Environment / Operations)
(Electrical / Process / Civil / Mechanical (Rotating / Static Equipment) / Instrument and Controls )
- Managers (Construction / Engineering / Procurement)
- Project Director