Case Study - Civil Infrastructure
Melbourne - Sourcing Engineers for Major Highway Upgrades
NES Fircroft supplied volume civil engineering personnel to a civil infrastructure project undergoing significant growth in Victoria, Australia
Following a series of key project awards, our client was experiencing significant growth in Victoria. They had an urgent requirement to hire 30 civil engineering and technical construction professionals in a very short timeframe to ensure the continued success of their projects. The Melbourne Civil Engineering market is particularly difficult due to strong project flow and resulting high candidate demand, coupled with a shortage of quality candidates; our client was struggling to find Senior Project Engineers, Project Managers, Survey Managers and Senior Design Engineers.
- Our dedicated civil recruitment consultants and account management team worked closely with our client’s in-house recruitment team and on-site line managers to gain an in-depth understanding of the organisation’s technical requirements and culture.
- We applied our extensive market knowledge and network connections to streamline the process for the client and enable them to target their search more effectively, only approaching the most suitable candidates. Building this understanding with the client was crucial in delivering the most appropriate shortlist of pre-qualified candidates within the tight timescales, ultimately creating a reliable and sustainable workforce.
The results of our support
- We sourced the necessary specialists meaning all projects were able to continue without disruption and NESF were invited on to the clients preferred supplier list.
- We have continued to apply our detailed understanding of the Victoria civil construction industry to implement further robust recruitment strategies for the client and our Melbourne-based team now provides the high calibre specialists for all their projects. In particular we have sourced a large proportion of civil engineers, site-based supervisors and surveying staff.
- Our close working relationship has led to our client seeing a significant reduction in time-to-hire and a vast improvement in the quality of their candidate shortlists.