Case Study - Mining
Recruiting High Profile Mining Roles
Our client approached NES Fircroft to source a business critical position - Executive Assistant to the Global CEO.
There was an exceptionally tight time-frame in which to secure the candidate and just a 48-hour turnaround window for both parties’ legal teams to sign off the new Business Terms and Conditions.
- The high profile nature of the role meant recruitment activity needed to remain confidential - no advertising was permitted.
- Multiple client stakeholders across various time zones needed to remain informed in real-time throughout the process.
NES Fircroft has a global network of offices and was able to deploy a specialist team onto the scope with ease. Our teams in London and Perth were able to continually work around the clock to broach the 9 hour time difference and keep all of our client’s stakeholders informed of progress in real time.
Due to the sensitivity of the role we deployed a confidential Search & Selection solution, implementing the following process:
- Full talent mapping services of EA to C-suite personnel at leading businesses across three technical sectors, generating an initial short-list of 50 names.
- We pre-screened our initial talent pool to cut down the list of potential applicants to 25 names which we then shared with the client.
- After discussions with the client we cut the list down to just 10 names, and approached all 10 with the prospect of an interview. All 10 prospects accepted an initial interview. At this stage we issued each with a Non-Disclosure Agreement to retain the client’s privacy in 9 instances where no follow-up interview would be made.
- Following the interview we sent detailed analysis to the client for all 10 applicants. The main client stakeholder chose six applicants to move forward to the first stage telephone interview. The six applicants were then cut down to just 3, for a second stage face-to-face interview.
At the final stage and following feedback from the main stakeholders the CEO
interviewed the leading candidate, who subsequently accepted the position and was able to begin the position within the agreed timeframe.