What Is It Like To Transfer Your Skill-Set Into A New Sector?25 June, 2020
In this mini-series, we’re delving into how you can make the most of downtime during the COVID-19 global pandemic.
In this episode, we talk to contractor Michael to gain his perspective on what it’s like to transfer your skill-set into a different sector during a downturn. Michael has worked across the Oil, Gas, Chemicals and manufacturing industries throughout his career so is best placed to provide advice on this topic. We discussed:
- How do previous downturns compare with what's happening today in 2020?
- What is it like to transition into a new industry?
- What challenges can a candidate expect to face when moving into a new sector?
- What can be learned from working within different sectors?
- How can candidates stay connected to their original network in order to a return back?
Listen to this episode now!
If you enjoyed this, lookout for the next episode in this mini-series where we talk to a company whose hired from different sectors to gain their perspective on this topic. To make sure you don’t miss an episode, you can follow us on SoundCloud or find us on iTunes.
NES covers recruitment across many sectors meaning we have supported clients and candidates across a number of industries for the last forty years in good and challenging times. If you need support contact your local NES representative.