NES Fircroft are working on behalf of a global power technology business sourcing a Site Manager to join on a consultancy basis. With a presence in over 90 countries this business offer products, systems & software solutions to the global energy industry and have been leaders in innovation for over a century.
With a customer-base across multiple industries including Energy, Utilities, Industrial and Transportation and almost 40,000 employees, they are committed to providing access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy globally
As the Site Manager you will be responsible for the successful execution of all activities on the assigned construction site, on-time, within budget, as per Contractual Scope and requirements, maintaining the highest standard of quality of the works, ensuring an incident free construction site and complete adherence by all personnel to the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) plans and regulations.
On the construction site, you'll act as the main interface to the customer on all contractual matters. You'll have authority over subcontractors and site personnel.
Drives the site activities to achieve the contractual targets. Ensures that all personnel on site are well informed about the Scope of Work (SoW) and Division of Work (DoW).
Supporting the Change Management on site, including variation orders to subcontractors. Warrants that all tests are performed and accepted by the customer according to contractual conditions. Foster a culture of proper understanding and adherence by all site personnel to the Health, Environment and Safety requirements of the business, Customer, and local authorities. Responsibilities:
- Plans project on-site activities with Project Manager including necessary local resources, equipment and milestones.
- Coordinates agreement between customer and external resources on construction targets, health and safety requirements, site organization and policy.
- Responsible, from receiving the assigned site area from the customer or Project Manager to handing over to the end customer on completion day, for coordinating all on-site activities to ensure the successful execution of start-up, construction, erection, testing and commissioning activities in alignment with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements
- Serves as a project representative by building and maintaining effective relationships with customers as well as other local organizations such as authorities, banks, and suppliers to ensure their active support of field activities
- Ensures detailed and up-to-date construction Health & Safety (H&S) plan is in place in respect of each work package, compliant with the H&S plan. Ensures all on-site resources are properly trained on company health, safety and environment policy and proactively promotes health and safety considerations to project partners throughout the project. Empowered to suspend any activities on site (be it by personnel or by subcontractors) in case of OHS violation and, if a situation arises, takes the necessary steps to ensure that employees and other persons who may be present are not put at risk
- Ensures correct handling, storage and installation of delivered equipment, coordinating on-site storage as well as shipment logistics to secure timely site delivery of equipment and material.
- Manages the sub-contractors on site to ensure necessary quality and progress achieved to meet delivery date and agreed standards.
- Proven experience as Site Manager, on construction projects with a medium level of complexity. Able to showcase successes, failures and the lessons learnt.
- Relevant qualification in an engineering discipline.
- Experience with HVDC Converter Stations is a plus, but not essential
- Demonstrable understanding of Terms and Conditions typical used on Construction type Contracts
- Experience in Installation and/or Commissioning activities with an appreciation of civil works
- Recognized Health, Environment and Safety certifications and training. IOSH or NEBOSH would be an advantage, but not essential
- Undergoes Site Management certification process for the role.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.