Case Study - Chemicals
Sourcing A Entire Chemicals Department - Shanghai
The multi billion-dollar company produces polyurethane and polycarbonate raw based materials and possesses three world class innovation hubs
The Shanghai hub required a new core functional team capable of managing the growth of the business and meeting product demand.
The company was experiencing rapid growth and required an immediate upgrade of an entire department.
The new leadership team would shape the future of the Shanghai hub. Discovering the correct combination of capable thought-leaders was crucial to maintain sustainable and prolonged growth. Due to the seniority of the required roles, the organisation sought access to an extensive talent pool of superior candidates.
Through our demonstrable expertise in the global chemical market, our client identified NES Fircroft as the appropriate workforce solutions partner for the scope.
We allocated two discipline-specific chemical recruiters to the account to understand the future objectives, experience, and culture desired by both the client and each candidate.
At our client’s request our team conducted a market analysis exercise to identify 10 clients of similar size with an established local presence, and national to international reach.
We used this information to successfully:
- Select competitors with different advantages and disadvantages, helping us to differentiate the unique interests and goals of candidates suited to our client and their available opportunities
- Engage and attract candidates based on an underlying misalignment in goals and career growth with their current employer
Within two weeks our team interviewed a total of 80 candidates and presented a shortlist of 30 to our client.
The results of our support
Our team employed the below sourcing techniques to find the seven placements for our client:
- Two candidates were headhunted
- Two candidates were from candidate referrals
- Three were from our extensive networks
All seven locals that reached second interview stage were successfully placed. Our approach ensured that we sourced the below permanent roles for our client:
- Head of Planning & Logistics
- Tax Manager
- Regulatory Affair & Permit Expert
- Supply Chain Project Manager
- Regional Security Manager, APAC
- HR Business Partner – Site
- Head of Operational Excellence
We have now successfully partnered with the client for more than three years, providing permanent personnel when required.