Case Study - Oil & Gas
Sourcing Volume Numbers of Personnel
Our client is an American multinational corporation engaged in hydrocarbon exploration. Having had a long-standing relationship with them for over 20 years, NES Fircroft was asked to source 100+ contractors.
The positions required spanned engineering, HR, finance, IT and projects services, all of which had to be local to the project site in the North East. The local talent pool was small, creating a competitive market that led to low retention levels.
Our client also had several niche roles which required extensive market mapping of the local and wider talent pool, and would involve screening hundreds of candidates to find the right personnel.
Furthermore, our client wanted to move all their limited companies to PAYE as smoothly as possible to lessen the impact on their contractors. NES Fircroft was tasked with managing relationships between the client and workers to act as the link between the two and mitigate the effects of the transition.
We appointed a dedicated Account Manager who served as the initial point of contact for all contractor and client queries. Having built a strong relationship with our client, we understand exactly what their requirements are for candidates, ensuring a quick and efficient sourcing and onboarding process.
- We conducted client-specific support activities such as second employment checks, candidate reviews, driving licence checks, bonus/retention payment administration, benchmarking, and rate reviews.
- We managed every single aspect of the hiring process, from vacancy release straight through to onboarding and the employees' first working days and months. We also designed a specific onboarding pack for the client, which we sent out to every new starter.
- We created a system for online timesheets and bulk timesheet uploads and conducted weekly site visits and team drop-in sessions during COVID-19, as well as manager and supervisor training sessions.
- We created processes for preparing and manually uploading invoices to comply with the client’s intricate systems. This resource intensive task ensured invoices came in quickly and smoothly, making administration easier for the client.
- We took care of the payment process so that every employee was paid on time, and led regular reviews with contractors to ensure they felt supported and to identify any underlying issues on site before they became a problem.
During our contract, we have placed over 400 contractors, including a number of high profile engineers and management positions.
- We have built a strong relationship with the client and contractors, based on trust and communication, and are the point of contact between both parties.
- Because of our extensive database of local contractors and deep understanding of the area, we have become our client’s first port of call when in need of personnel.
- As a result of our demonstrable expertise, our contract has been renewed for another two years. Whilst the client had the option to look for other providers before renewing the contract, they chose not to, instead signing the extension immediately.
- We have also been given more roles to fill, some of which were initially with other providers - this is testament to our recruitment expertise and strong relationship with the client’s management and HR teams.
- We’ve also helped them to source more niche roles for permanent hire.