Case Study - Chemicals
Staffing a Lithium Mine Expansion
Our client operates a leading lithium production site in Nevada, US which produces over 60m metric tonnes of lithium carbonate equivalents per year, supplying products for batteries in the renewable energy industry
Due to the expansion of their mining operation, the client was looking to recruit additional candidates for various roles.
The candidates needed specific experience and skills in the lithium mining industry. The existing site and staff were too small to offer on-site training and needed to hit the ground running in a fast-moving project.
In addition, the client needed to ensure the employment package was attractive, given the competitiveness of the market and the remote location of the mine, which required staff to live on-site for extended periods.
Our Recruitment Solution
NES Fircroft appointed a team from our California based office to work with the client and understand the exact experience and skills required for the available roles.
- Our specialized team of recruiters sourced technical and management candidates from across the West Coast to increase the on-site team size by 200%
- We sourced a site VP to support the ongoing growth and staffing of the site
- We provided a full payroll solution to support all parties – our in-house finance team applied all required taxations and contractors had access to online timesheets
- We supported successful candidates in understanding the requirements for remote work, the available accommodation, and the living costs of the area
NES Fircroft gained the client’s trust by finding key technical hires and accurately meeting the hiring requirements, with a quick turnaround time.
- Over 12 months, we successfully placed 7 highly skilled managers into their leadership team.
- We increased the on-site staff count from 9 to 21 contractors across all disciplines including technical and management roles, supporting the development of the whole site.
We placed key skills at the project site, including:
- Project Managers / Project Engineers
- Construction Managers / Construction Coordinators
- Project Controls
- Document Controller
- General Labor
- Crafts (Electrician)