Case Study - Oil and Gas
RTO benchmarking in Houston
Our client is one of the biggest oil and gas operators in the world
Located in close proximity to the Energy Corridor in Houston, the client was based in a highly competitive market with 3 competing sites and was struggling to attract experienced Real Time Operator personnel in order to drive their project forwards.
Our client needed a workforce solutions partner with extensive experience of the local market and broad industry reach to undertake in-depth market research to ascertain where improvements for candidate attraction could be made; as a member of their preferred suppliers list, NES Fircroft was approached to undertake thorough market analysis and benchmarking activities, to report back to the client regarding appropriate rates to pitch to the market.
NES Fircroft’s Houston-based consultants are experts in their local markets and using their broad industry reach were able to conduct a detailed 4-tier market analysis of all 4 local Real Time Operator centers.
- Our market research deduced that our client was paying the lowest market rate by far, and was therefore severely jeopardizing their eligible talent pool through a lack of candidate attraction and incentive.
- We advised the client regarding appropriate market rates to reach more personnel, and encouraged members of their contract team to transfer across to us so that in addition to receiving better pay, they would also have access to assignment support and comprehensive insurance. These value added services were not offered by immediate competitors.
- In addition to regular check-in calls, our client’s account manager continues to visit the site once a quarter, with additional monthly meet-ups organized elsewhere to maintain a pro-active dialogue and facilitate real time feedback.
Since our engagement, the contractors have received a 23.46% increase in bill rate, totalling over $10,500 in GP per year.
- Despite the increase in cost to the client, they now have access to more experienced and better-qualified personnel, with their site operations benefiting significantly.
- In just over 12 months we progressed from having 0 contractors on site to 10; our demonstrable candidate support and ability to secure large raises for the talent led to us successfully transitioning 9 existing competitor contractors across to NESF, the other of which was sourced organically.
- Since receiving the raise, candidate retention levels have soared with each member of personnel remaining at the site for the duration of the project. Our success means that the client continues to use NESF to staff key RTO hires for the project.