Case Study - New Zealand Life Sciences
New Zealand - Staffing a Global Chemicals Company
NES Fircroft has been the client's exclusive supplier across New Zealand for 4 years.
Our client is one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the pharmaceutical, biotech, agrichemical and specialty ingredients markets.
The New Zealand chemical industry has experienced an unprecedented period of growth with activity from new and well-established companies.
Our client went through a 2 year period of significant development with major changes to their manufacturing plant and shift patterns resulting in many new roles in New Plymouth and further locations across New Zealand.
In total they required 53 vacancies across various chemical disciplines, 4 of which were defined as business critical - the client was not optimistic about filling these crucial roles.
We employed a dedicated Account Manager to handle all permanent and contract staffing requirements for our client.
- We conducted full onboarding compliance including medicals and background screens for all contractors, in addition to providing a full suite of payroll services and contractual compliance to meet NZ law requirements.
- We leveraged the strength of our local networks in conjunction with our specialist search tools and networking. We had open conversations with potential candidates and sold our client’s strategic approach and forward-thinking plans to attract top talent into the organisation.
- Placements were a mixture of local, national and international candidates to fill more generalised and also specialised positions.
- Commercial & Sales Personnel
- Field / Formulation Scientists
- Management (EHSQ / QC Laboratory / Shift Supervisors)
- Support functions (Finance / HR / Administration)
- Technicians & Engineers (Electrical / Maintenance / Support
The results of our support
All 4 business critical positions were filled within just 5 weeks.
- 90% of placements were local candidates, demonstrating the strength of our local talent networks – an incredibly important factor at a time when global travel remains impacted.
- We saved our client large volumes of time in identifying and sourcing all personnel, taking the pressure off them by only putting forward top candidates with both the technical capabilities required for the specific roles and the right cultural fit to succeed within the company.
- Following our success we signed an exclusive arrangement with our client to provide both permanent and contract placements across New Zealand