Case Study - Perth Mining
Helping a Mining Business to Enter Western Australia
Our client is a specialty chemicals company with leading positions in lithium, bromine, refining catalysts and applied surface treatments. They employ 5,000+ people across the globe and have customers in 100 countries.
As a new entrant to the Western Australian market, our client had no infrastructure in place to support their expanding operations.
They required personnel across a range of roles from project managers to buyers and superintendents. With limited knowledge of the local market, our client was in need of a partner who could provide local infrastructure, industry knowledge and a talent pool to drive their business forward.
Stemming from our strong existing relationship with the client in the United States, the client engaged with NESF locally in Perth. Our expert team worked closely with senior executives as well as line management, enabling an in-depth insight into the client’s business operations and allowing us to drill down to the specific brief, tailoring our approach accordingly.
- We were provided a full suite of permanent and contract recruitment services, reinforced by intricate knowledge of the region.
- NESF held regular face to face meetings with our client’s senior executive team to pass on as much knowledge of the local market as they needed and to continuously support them in setting up their local operations.
- As most of the initial personnel requirements were lead senior roles, the Perth recruitment team used an executive search model combined with industry networking in order to access the relevant talent pool.
- Additional support services were also provided, including market research (provision of salary and rate surveys), practical help (lending office space for interviews) and mobility services to support with the personnels' logistical needs such as medical and accommodation bookings.
- We also provided payroll services until the client was able to establish their own local infrastructure.
The results of our support
We successfully filled their key personnel requirements within a 12 month period.
Throughout the year we achieved:
- 30 placements
- 3 candidates shortlisted per role
- 100+ interviews
- 100% local hires (WA based)
We provided detailed shortlists and implemented smooth processes throughout the interview and offer stages; the majority of their engineering, management and support teams were placed through NESF with a noted increase in staff retention.
Positions placed included:
- Construction Managers
- Cost Control Analysts
- HR Managers
- Mechanical / Design Engineers
- Project Control
- Project / Engineering Managers
- Recruitment Advisors
- Superintendents – Mechanical, Civil, Electrical